Returning to School:
Strategies for Reengaging Students
Wednesday, August 11, 2021 | 3:00 - 4:00 PM ET
Attention: State and District Leaders, Staff, Educators, Parents, and Education Stakeholders
The U.S. Department of Education is hosting a webinar series to support educational settings in safely sustaining or returning to in-person instruction. The series features lessons learned and best practices from faculty, staff, schools, districts, institutions of higher education, early childhood education providers, and other places of educational instruction describing approaches to operating during the COVID-19 pandemic.
On behalf of the U.S. Department of Education (ED), Office of Elementary and Secondary Education’s Office of Safe and Supportive Schools, the National Center on Safe Supportive Learning Environments (NCSSLE) invites you to join the next webinar, Returning to School: Strategies for Reengaging Students.
Date: Wednesday, August 11, 2021
Time: 3:00 - 4:00 pm EST
Please join us as we explore information from the U.S. Department of Education on strategies for reconnecting with students returning to school this Fall. Following the Department’s presentation, field- based practitioners will share strategies they have found effective to reengage students through outreach and sustained connections.
- Jessica Cardichon: Deputy Assistant Secretary, Office of Planning, Evaluation, and Policy Development, S. Department of Education
- Kyle Hartung: Associate Vice President, JFF
- Angélica Infante-Green: Commissioner, Rhode Island Department of Education
This event will reference the following resources, which we encourage you to access in advance of the webinar to inform participation:
- ED’s Return to School Roadmap: A Guide For K-12 Schools and Communities for the 2021- 2022 School Year
- ED’s Return to School Roadmap: How to Prioritize the Health and Safety of Students, School Personnel, and Families
- ED’s Return to School Roadmap: A Resource for Parents on Returning to In-Person Learning
- ED COVID-19 Handbook Volume 1: Strategies for Safely Reopening Elementary and Secondary Schools (PDF)
- ED COVID-19 Handbook Volume 2: Roadmap to Reopening Safely and Meeting All Students' Needs (PDF)
- HHS’ Back to School Toolkit
- CDC’s Guidance for COVID-19 Prevention in K-12 Schools (updated 8/5/2021)
- CDC’s Considerations for Case Investigation and Contact Tracing in K-12 Schools and Institutions of Higher Education (IHEs) (updated 8/5/2021)
- Updated CDC definition for “close contact” (updated 8/5/2021)
For your reference, slides for this presentation will be posted on the event webpage on the day of the event. The recording will be posted a day after.
You must register to participate in this presentation.
Please contact NCSSLE if you have any questions. We look forward to sharing this information with you and hearing from you about the important work you are doing in your schools, communities, and states to meet the needs of your students and staff as they return to in-person learning.
More on the Lessons from the Field Webinar Series
Archived Events: To access archived materials from previous Lessons from the Field webinars, go here.
Upcoming Webinars: Due to popular demand, the Lessons from the Field Webinar Series has been extended to run through September 2021. Stay tuned for additional details on upcoming webinars that will assist American educators in ensuring a safe and supportive transition back to in-person learning.