Educator Preparation Laboratory
invites you to join us for a follow up discussion:
NEW Webinar: A Deeper Dive into How Educator Preparation
Programs are Adapting During COVID-19
Thursday, May 21
3:00 PM – 4:00 PM ET
Teacher and leader preparation programs continue to adapt how they prepare their candidates during the COVID-19 shutdown and in anticipation of a very different future for teaching and learning.
Now, more than ever, it is critical that we continue to equip future teachers and leaders to effectively support students’ academic and social and emotional needs. What does educator preparation look like in our new reality and in the uncertain future of schools reopening with guidelines around social distancing and keeping staff and students safe?
The Educator Preparation Laboratory (EdPrepLab) will address this issue in a new webinar on May 21 as a follow up to a recent, highly popular webinar on the same subject. This sequel will dig deeper into the critical topics impacting teacher and leader preparation programs across the nation and address many of the questions raised by participants in the initial webinar.
Join us and the five educator preparation program leaders from the first webinar, who will go into more detail on how their programs are adapting and innovating during this pandemic. They will continue to explore pressing questions around teacher and leader preparation during the COVID-19 crisis, including:
- How are programs approaching short and long term planning for the summer and fall semesters?
- How are institutions continuing to center equity in teacher and leader preparation during this time?
- How are programs infusing social-emotional learning and trauma-informed practices in their work with candidates?
- Rebecca Cheung, Director, Principal Leadership Institute, University of California, Berkeley
- Annamarie M. Francois, Executive Director, Center X, University of California, Los Angeles
- Maria E. Hyler, Deputy Director, Washington DC office and Senior Researcher, Learning Policy Institute; Director, EdPrepLab
- Ira Lit, Associate Professor, Stanford University Graduate School of Education
- Jennifer Robinson, Executive Director of the Center of Pedagogy, Montclair State University
- Kathy Schultz, Dean, School of Education, University of Colorado Boulder
Hosted by the American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education and the
Educator Preparation Laboratory, an initiative of the Learning Policy Institute and Bank Street Graduate School of Education.